IAPM seeks to protect investors by equipping its members with requisite professional knowledge and discipline to enable them provide appropriate professional advice and sound investment management practices under the highest ethical standards devoid of conflicts and abuse. In furtherance of this mission, iapm over the years has conducted numerous training sessions, workshops, and certificated educational programmes in cognate areas of the profession and is well-respected by market regulators and operators as well as the public sector.Programmes Council Members History
- Promote professionalism, integrity, public responsibility, and competence in the investment advisory profession encompassing the investment and wealth management industry through robust financial planning activities and processes.
- Propagate global standard financial planning and investment management education and practices in our domestic industry through robust training programmes.
- Self-regulate duly registered practitioners through structure and practice standard requirements, provide benefits, services, and products that will assist and add value to member firms in their course of doing business.
- Create the appropriate forum for further protecting the direct interests of all investors in the market.
- Establish the appropriate structure or platform through which professional recognition will be given to deserving members in terms of certification and other relevant endorsements.
- Collaborate with other professional bodies and government institutions in developing the practice of all-round professional investment and wealth management in Nigeria.
- Carry on all other relevant functions in the capital market to ensuring the adequate protection of client- investors and their hard-earned moneys.
Membership of the Association is open to both individuals and corporate entities. Corporate members are drawn from corporate organisations engaged in the provision of Portfolio/Assets management, Wealth Management, Investment advisory, Pension Funds Administration and Asset Custody services, Actuaries, Stockbrokers, Insurance, Lawyers/Secretaries, Accountants/Auditors, Corporate Trustees services, Financial Consultants etc. Individuals can also seek Associate membership of iapm through the Executive Diploma Programme jointly organised by the University of Lagos and also through the Direct Associate Conversion Programme of iapm. The requirements and the form can be downloaded here.
- Well-packaged training programmes at highly subsidised rates
- Representing members’ interest to Government and Government Agencies
- Providing information to members on best practices
- Providing Continued Professional Education (CPE) for individual members
- Quarterly Members’ Forum to educate members.
- Annual conferences
Programmes Council Members History